Pro Refrigeration is a 60-person firm headquartered in Auburn, WA, with an East Coast production facility located in Mocksville, NC. PRO is a leading manufacturer of high-quality Refrigeration Systems serving numerous markets including; Dairy, Brewery, Winery, Bakery and others. This is a great opportunity for a proven Accounting Leader to help PRO provide the best products with competitive pricing.
The Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the company. This includes the production of financial reports, maintenance accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk. The Controller is also responsible for the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
This role will be based at our Mocksville, NC, manufacturing facility, while working with a remote team based in Auburn, WA. This role will require working from our production facility located in Mocksville, NC., with potential travel opportunities on a limited basis.
- Manage the Team and oversee daily operations of the Finance Department.
– Accounts Payable
– Accounts Receivable
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Analyze and report to the CEO the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities, profitability, and potential risks to the organization.
- Cash management: Identify all sources of cash resources ensuring adequate funds are available to meet current and future obligations.
- Oversee the management of fixed assets.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Manage the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses.
- Work with Supply Chain to continually review pricing of standard models.
- Oversight of inventory valuation and the conduction of an annual physical inventory.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the standard costing system to ensure it aligns with changes in vendor pricing.
- Work closely with company departments to help them achieve financial goals and deliver timely reports.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and external accounting firms to facilitate financial activities.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Manage the process of sales tax collections and payments based on each state’s requirements. Comply with local, state, and federal government compliance reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Strong management and supervisory experience with an emphasis on managing a remote team.
- Proven experience in finance management within a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Business and Tax Compliance oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Requires being honest and ethical daily in all business matters.
- Experience with ERP system implementation.
- Proficiency in Sage Accounting software or similar.
Pro offers a competitive compensation package based on experience and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and a 401k Plan with 4% matching vested from day one.
Pro is an EOE.