EQUIPS YOUR PRO CHILLER SYSTEM TO CONVERT WASTE HEAT INTO HOT WATER
PROHeat2o uses a 2-step Heat Recovery Process that uses waste heat that is normally discharged into the atmosphere for heating water up to 140 degrees, heating facilities, and/or heating processes. All essential components of the system are Factory Installed within the standard Chiller System Housing and is available on all Pro Chiller Units!
THE PROHeat2o TWO-STEP HEAT RECOVERY PROCESS.
STEP 1: Harvest the waste heat from the refrigerant using a brazed stainless steel heat exchanger refrigerant-to-glycol water recovery loop. (see “HTX1” in the diagram below).
STEP 2: Using a second fluid-to-fluid heat exchanger, waste heat is transferred from the recovery loop to generate heated potable water. (see “HTX2” in the diagram below)
The PROHeat2o assembly is factory-installed, tested, and certified prior to shipment. No Field Refrigeration Piping or additional Refrigerant is required.
PRO offers onboard or remote Hot Water Storage Banks for simple installations.
THIS TWO-STEP METHOD ALLOWS US TO ACCOMPLISH SOME VERY IMPORTANT THINGS THAT ARE NOT POSSIBLE WITH A SINGLE STEP HEAT RECOVERY.
By separating the refrigerant from the potable water supply we can protect not only the refrigeration system but also the potable water supply.
ONBOARD – FACTORY INSTALLED
Enables us to safely locate the equipment outdoors, even in extreme climates we can provide a solution.
Our Recovery Loop utilizes a food-safe, glycol-based solution that protects from freezing. Combined with effective insulation and smart flow operation, delivers year-round, reliable operation.
Low water quality is tough on all Heat Recovery Systems, eventually resulting in expensive and time-consuming replacement by your refrigeration technician. PROHeat2o eliminates expensive refrigeration expenses by using a Fluid/Fluid Heat Exchanger for Potable Water Heating. In the event of fouling, the exchanger can be cleaned, or replaced, without extended downtime and high service costs.
The key to controlling heat exchange is through the flow, the DUAL fluid pumps enable us to turn ON or OFF based on the demand for hot water.
There are numerous opportunities to utilize the recovered heat beyond water. Please contact us to discuss different ways our customers are using.
WITH PROHeat2o YOU GET SATISFACTION & PEACE OF MIND
THERE IS NO SUCH THING
AS FREE HOT WATER
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FREE HOT WATER
– We don’t make claims of FREE hot water, but we do guarantee that the ProHeat2o significantly reduces water heating costs by maximizing chiller performance and recovering waste heat effectively, safely, and efficiently.
– We estimate that the PROHeat2o system will recover up to 33% of Rejected Heat and transform it into hot water.
– The hot water comes from energy that would normally be wasted. This means that you use less electricity or gas to make the same amount of hot water, which greatly reduces your energy bill and your carbon footprint.
THE PROHeat2o PROMISE
– We won’t compromise the operation of the chiller system for the sake of generating hot water. The chiller always comes first!
– Other systems will operate at a higher condensing temperature in an effort to get MORE hot water. The only things this accomplishes are higher utility bills and more stress on the chiller system.
– Pro Refrigeration has developed a cost justification tool to guide you along the way in determining if PROHeat2o is the right choice for you. You may also consult your regional sales expert to work through the process.
PROHeat2o IS SETTING THE STANDARD IN HEAT RECOVERY
– The PROHeat2o system reduces overall energy costs by decreasing the need for electric, propane, or natural gas as a water heat source
– Increases efficiency by reducing the chiller condenser load
– Recovers up to 30% of the rated cooling capacity of the chiller system
– Reduces risk of thermal shock in your system
– Can be monitored and controlled in PROElliot™, our web-based industrial loT platform